Child who swallowed battery is saved in Belarus for the first time

Like
0

Doctors have saved a child who swallowed a battery for the first time in Belarus. He was delivered to the Children’s Surgery Centre in Minsk from Kletsk District.
It was found rather late – five days after he had swallowed it and the acid had already damaged his internal. Doctors conducted a complicated operation that lasted for many hours. It was the first operation of the kind and it lasted for many hours. Such operations had never been conducted in Belarus before. 1-year-old Mikita is in the resuscitation unit at the moment, reports ONT.