Slauharad tragedy: three people died of methane poisoning

Like
39

Workers got poisoned on methane while cleaning a sewage header. Employees of the enterprise took five workers out by the time rescuers arrived. The rescuers lifted the fifth person but he was already dead.

Three workers died: two interval plumbers (born in 1980 and 1985) and a gas welder (born in 1968). Two other internal plumbers and a plant engineer were taken to hospital. An investigation has been started.

Photo: mchs.gov.by