You are here

Power and water supply schedules to be introduced in Crimea

Like
204

The major Crimean cities received electricity on the morning of November 22, senior vice PM of the republic Mikhail Sheremet told journalists.

According to him, additional power lines will be used to bring electricity to the areas where power is still down, TASS reports.

 

The peninsula lacks power stations, the official said. Power and water supply schedules need to be introduced for the time being. The Crimean Ministry of Energy has promised to inform the population about power suspension every two hours.

 

Crimea imports 80% of energy from Ukraine and produces the remaining 20%.

The power supply was down when strangers had blown up power lines, UNIAN reports. 1.9 million people were left without electricity for the whole night.

 

Crimea will no longer depend on Ukraine when the bridge connecting Krasnodar Krai and Crimea is built, Russian Minister of Energy Alexander Novik said. The first part of the project is expected to be built by 2020.

 

Photo: Facebook

Чайка без света)ГдеНашСвет? внезапно рубануло) # uniqum cafeДавайте устроим #флешмоб #украинавернисвет
Like
204

Main

Belarus Foreign Minister Uladzimir Makei in Brussels on 24 November 2017. Photo: Zmicier Lukashuk (Euroradio)
Photo: Reuters

Editor's choice

Protesters with Belarusian white-red-white national flags at a square in Brussels on 23 November 2017. Photo: Zmitser Lukashuk
A model posing in a new Belarus national biathlon team uniform. Photo: a screenshot from Biathlon.by video.