The Belstat has compiled a portrait of the “average” Belarusian woman to coincide with 8 March. We chose 10 statistical facts describing a typical Belarusian female.
1. At the beginning of 2019, there were 5.1 million women in Belarus -- 53.4% of the country's total population.
2. It is not customary to speak about the woman's age, but the “average” resident of Belarus is 42.8 years old. Over the past 8 years, she has “aged” by almost 10 months.
3. By the way, age is not a hindrance to expressing feelings. In 2018, more than 900 Belarusian women over the age of 60 celebrated their wedding. There is no official statistics available about the age of their darlings.
4. At the same time the average marriage age for a Belarusian woman is 26.
5. In 2018, 77.7% of women aged 16 to 72 used the Internet. Moreover, 80% of them access the Internet every day.
6. A doctor and a teacher in Belarus remain female professions. In the health sector, more than 85% of workers are women. And in the field of education they are more than 80%.
7. There are not so many women in the public administration, but still more than half of all the staff. And in the House of Representatives there are 37 female deputies.
8. Women in Belarus are more educated than men. Among working women, 38% have higher education, 27% have a secondary specialized education (among men, it is 27% and 18%, respectively).
9. Women spend twice as much time on housekeeping as men: 4 hours 36 minutes versus 2 hours 17 minutes. But if you think that women do half the work, then you are mistaken. On average, women spend 3 hours and 12 minutes on their professional duties, while men spend 4 hours and 38 minutes.
10. At the same time, women in Belarus earn an average of only 74.6% compared to men. And the situation is changing in favor of gender equality very slowly.