You are here
EHU Senate demands university management change
The Senate of the European Humanities University has made a statement on the current situation of the university. Recently, donors from the Nordic Council stopped funding the university located in Vilnius after the audit which found abuse by the administration. The media made public information about the substantial financial abuses.
Therefore, on May 25, the EHU Senate decided to appeal to the General Meeting of the EHU co-founders, EHU Governing Board, key donors, as well as the Lithuanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Senate urged them to take immediate action to restore the reputation of the university and its institutional stability, the press service of the EHU reports.
The Senate proposes five steps for sustainable development of the university:
1. Immediately fire David Pollick from the position of the EHU rector;
2. Immediately fire from their posts acting Chairman of the Governing Board A. Lonsdale and deputy chairman of the Governing Board D.Davidson;
3. Provide for the participation of the academic community in the selection process of a new rector;
4. Launch the crisis management procedure in the EHU with the participation of representatives of the academic community;
5. To ensure the real participation of the academic community in the drafting of the university budget and budget spending monitoring.