False bomb alert suspect admits wrongdoing

Like
3

A 23-year-old resident of
Minsk/>/>, detained on suspicion of causing a false bomb alarm at the Minsk Central Railway Station, has admitted the crime. A quarrel with his mother was the cause of his wrongdoing, he told the police.

Police received an anonymous telephone call on Monday from a man who said a bomb was going to set off at the
Minsk/>/> stations.

During an all-out evacuation, police took around 1000 people out of the terminal building.

Demolition experts checked all the rooms in the building, but failed to locate the bomb. The movement of trains was not suspended.

But, police managed to track down the telephone call to a cottage house near
Minsk/>/>.

Eventually, they seized the would-be “terrorist”, who had already been convicted before for robbery and fraud.