Minsk City Court is planning to consider Pavel Dabravolski’s appeal on March 1. The hearing will start at Dunin-Martsinkevich Street 1/3 at 3 p.m.
Dabravolski is asking to cancel the previous court’s decision, the tut.by journalist told BAJ. The court refused to listen to his witnesses and there were many discrepancies and even contradictions in the court decree. However, he is ready for any court’s decision, Dabravolski said.
The journalist was detained at Frunze District Court about a month ago. He was beaten and fined for disobedience to the police and petty hooliganism later.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs announced that the policemen’s’ actions had been legal. Minister of Information Liliya Ananich and Minister of Justice Aleh Slizheuski expressed the same opinion.
Meanwhile, the Investigation Committee has not informed the journalist about the results of the check-up conducted after the beating, BAJ reports. Investigators have not even given him his phone with the video of the incident back and they promised to return it in a day, Dabravolski said.